Who is your ideal client? Here are some suggestions
Tue 03 Oct 2017
In business, we are constantly searching for more clients as a norm. Too often we take on business because of profit motives and leave little time to consider the implications of doing so.
When we pause to think about an ideal client, there is a common thread as demonstrated in this list produced in a recent workshop at the Business Support Group.
How many of these apply to you and your business?
- Has the capacity to pay
- Pays on time
- Pay some or all up front
- High profit & low maintenance
- Can provide repeat business
- Can and is willing to refer other potential clients
- Is based locally to your business or central to service area
- They want your product and recognise that
- Listens to and takes action on your advice
- Understands your service offered and/or value added
- Has the authority to make a decision to purchase
- Understands ROI or benefit and is not looking for the lowest price
- The relationship is open and transparent
- They are honest
- They understand priorities and your need to get the job done
- Provide thoughtful feedback
- They can't do the job themselves
- Their values align with yours
- Easy to get along with, friendly and supportive
- They take the time to clearly understand what you are offering and are realistic about the expected results and time frames
- They will be grateful and say thank you
Business Support Group is run by Pathfinder Advisors fortnightly on Fridays at the Regatta Hotel. For more information about this focused group of business owners, contact Steve Clark on 0408 754 976.