Spirally Google and Facebook advertising costs reaffirm traditional digital marketing methods
Fri 14 Dec 2018
As Google and Facebook continue to line their pockets with global wealth that would make any billionaire blush, their stranglehold on modern advertising is reaffirming the price point value of traditional marketing and digital methods as the smart "investors" choice.
At eCentral, we are approaching the 20 year mark in our short history. It's a history nearly as long as the commercial internet itself and of that legacy we are humbly happy.
Over the years, we have always pioneered leading methods to market online with fast customer-oriented websites (now called UX or user-experience), positioning websites at the top of search results (now call SEO) and programmed online website function (now called Cloud Computing).
Along the way, we have capitalised on the most powerful and dis-proved the questionable.
Here are some other notable innovations and leadership in our history:
- Created ways to get the best from the original Google Adwords shortly after it's arrival in 2000 and managing Adwords for clients ever since.
- Creation of our own email newsletter systems in 2004 (about the time that Mail Chimp arrived). This original functions are now integrated to our Jetstream CRM.
- Created social media "look what a great holiday we are having" social update via email before Facebook existed and social media had a name.
- Creation of automated "testimonial" review and photo collection systems circa 2005, years before social media reviews were popularised.
- Writing numerous CRM customer database and customer knowledge retention systems on the "cloud" since our April 1999 beginnings.
Today eCentral's methods have stood the test of time. It is not surprising to us that key elements of the success created for our customers continues to be regarded by industry analysts for the rock-solid and accountable results over time. (See attached article: Proven Digital Media Still Commands Marketing Budgets)
That's not to say that we are against Google Adwords, Facebook Advertising and social media, it's just that we worry about business committing large percentages of marketing budget to paid Ads which is akin to endlessly playing gaming machines at the local casino in the hope of the occasional win.
Paid ads are part of the mix in our opinion... As should be the more than 15 specific points of marketing and digital in the modern day... All of these and more are integrated into the systematic approach we take with Queensland's Best Marketing Program. The results are in - our systems work and demonstrably so.
We look forward to speak with any business that sees sense in marketing investment over the long term. We note that the smartest and most successful of our clients also believe in hard work, having integrity and a commitment to customer service as part of an overall approach to building sustainable profit business.
Proven Digital Media Still Commands Marketing Budgets
Queensland's Best Marketing Program