8 Reasons to switch to Android from iPhone
Sun 21 May 2017
By John Nayler
As Apple so appropriately put it "people love their iPhone" and I was definitely one of the "people". Over 7 years 4 iPhones and no shortage of pleasure. For all this time the elegance, the simplicity and beauty of the interface has retained my loving attention.
In the same period, Android phones have been clunky and the Android interface genuinely difficult to use.
So why change?
As of this moment the plethora of ways that Google software and systems envelop my information needs makes an Android phone a must.
Whether on computer or mobile I am always using:
1. Gmail : Mobile and computer - I stopping using computer dependant Microsoft Outlook years ago
2. Google Maps : Mobile and computer
3. Google Docs : Mobile and computer - replacing Microsoft Word on computer
4. Google Sheets : Mobile and computer - replacing Microsoft Excel on computer
5. Google Keep : Mobile and computer - replace written lists on a notepad
6. eCentral Customer Central : Mobile and computer - Our in-house CRM / Quotation / Project / Accounting system
7. Google Slides : Mobile and computer - replacing Microsoft Powerpoint
8. Google's powerful speech to text : Mobile only - The speed and accuracy of Google speech recognition is incredible, so much so that I used it to draft this blog with practically no error. (and Siri is useless :-)
Rating a strong mention to is Google Contacts - managing contacts across Phone and Gmail... and Google my business for managing business reputation.
So my advice is - take a close look and see if the world needs to shift for you. In big business and small, the productivity savings are generous when you embrace the full force of products and integration available via Google. Displacing iPhone for Android is the best thing you can do for your business in 2017.
And what's more - as you and your Android getting better acquainted there will be a minimum of times that you will use that tiny keyboard which has annoyed us for years.
Stop typing and start talking to your phone! - I showed an older business colleague how to talk his text messages and I have been entertained by him daily ever since.